Warm up Ring…/ Practice Ring…. /Collecting Ring…./Hell…..whatever you like to call it yourself.
That place you must pass through before you can compete.
- Take a dozen or so highly strung riders, mix them up adding a smattering of rude, nervous, loud or oblivious character types.
- Make sure the setting is turned to ‘nerves’ and ‘stress’.
- Mount said riders on a collection of horses who are all at the verge of a panic attack (afterall what horse isn’t always 3 breaths from a panic attack?)
- Now put the above in a small confined space.
- Sprinkle with an assortment of people shouting, loudspeakers blaring and dogs barking, don’t forget flag waving.
- Add ring stewards, don’t forget to also stress these out
- Bake at 100 degrees, if you would rather your warm up be slightly damp, add rain.
- Mix for anything from 10 to 40min
- Serve up with a grimace that can sometimes be mistaken for a grin…..sometimes.