Breathing while riding. Must remember to do that.

Breathing -  that useful thing that I seem to forget to do.
Once we enter the ring I’m concentrating on our canter, remembering to half-halt, keep the rhythm, leg to hand, keeping my outside rein, I’m looking for next jump, balance, turn, keep the canter etc. etc. 

But by the time we’re half way through the course I resemble some sort of bloated purple fruit that’s been left in the sun too long and my poor horse is thinking what the hell is she doing? Yup there’s something I’m forgetting. I’m forgetting to breathe. Basic stuff really. 




8 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh, is that what I keep forgeting to do?! :)

As always, terrific illustration!

Dom said...

I took a dressage lesson a few months ago. The trainer said, "Now slow your breathing."
I was like, "BREATHING! That's what I forgot!"

SallymetHarryHorse said...

LOL! so true

Anonymous said...

You and me both!!
I especially stop breathing during grid-work. Ugh... it's no wonder I am exhausted afterwards! Lack of oxygen!

gtyyup said...

I have the same problem when I'm cutting, reining or doing my fence run...I'm always more out of breath than my horse!

Great cartoons...wish I had talent.

Thanks for following~

cheyenne jones said...

I was always wondering what it was!....I must do better!

Steph said...

I never breath in the show ring.... Opps. But I can't help it. Sometimes I bite my tongue too or grind my teeth.

Laura said...

LOL, I am loving reading all these! I am following you now! :-)